Monday, March 7, 2011

Quadrilaterals and Everyday Life

It is fairly simple to spot quadrilaterals in everyday life, considering it's any four sided polygon. Anything that has a rectangle, square, rhombus, trapezoid, or kite shape is game. Try finding these shapes around your house, for instance right now I am looking at my wipe-off board, which is rectangle shaped, which is next to my sticky notes, which are square shaped. There is in fact a kite in my room, rather a drawing of one, and my boom box is trapezoid shaped (seriously, it is). There is even a rhombus shaped basket in my room (it's not usually there though, I don't know why it is there now). Go ahead and try it and see what you can find. These geometric shapes might surprise you.


twigglemagazine.com

scottdodge.blogspot.com
fusionanomaly.net

bgshoppingmall.com

canstockphoto.com

1 comment:

  1. Here is the exact definition and properties of quadrilaterals as they are figures with four sides and four angles. There are many different types of quadrilaterals, which are classified by their sides and angles here are some examples-rectangle, parallelogram, trapezoid, rhombus, square and kite.
    Quadratic Inequalities

    ReplyDelete